- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polenta Crusted Shrimp Recipe Video
|Canellini beans||1 Pound, dry or cooked|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Escarole head||1 Medium, washed|
|Garlic bulb||1 Medium|
|Thyme sprigs||5 Medium|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|Basil||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Polenta crusted shrimp|
|Italian parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|16/20 shrimp||28 Medium, peeled and de-veined|
|Butter||1 Pound, unsalted|
|Polenta||1 Cup (16 tbs), fine ground|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 2247 Calories from Fat 1361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g233.5%
Saturated Fat 63.1 g315.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 477.9 mg
Sodium 919.3 mg38.3%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.9%
Dietary Fiber 46.7 g186.9%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 68 g137%
Vitamin A 156.1% Vitamin C 76.9%
Calcium 37.5% Iron 81.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For making Ragout:
1. In a medium/large pot, bring the beans to boil in salted water with the bay leaves, thyme and the garlic.
2. Once at a boil, turn down to a simmer, cook for about an hour or until the beans are tender and drain some of the excess water that may be left.
3. While the beans are cooking, cut one head of escarole into bite size pieces and wash thoroughly (reserve in cold water).
4. While the beans are cooking, slice the grape tomatoes in half and reserve.
5. Once the beans are finished, add the escarole, tomatoes, herbs, butter and olive oil and continue to cook on low heat until the escarole is tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
For making Polenta Crusted Shrimp:
7. Heat a sauté pan on medium heat.
8. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides and press into the raw, seasoned polenta.
9. Once the pan is hot coat it with olive oil, place the shrimp in the pan with polenta-side down and cook for about 1 minute or so and then flip the shrimp to cook the other side.
10. When the shrimp is just about finished, add a tablespoon of butter and some chopped parsley.
11. Remove the shrimp from the pan and place on a dry towel to absorb any excess liquid/butter.
12. In a large serving platter, place the polenta crusted shrimp on top of the ragout polenta-side up and serve.