- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Polenta Recipe Video
|Red onion||1 Small, chop|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Kale||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Black eyed peas||15 Ounce|
|Dried parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Herb||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Dried)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Non alcoholic red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the polenta|
|Polenta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 335.5 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.7 g62.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 30 g60.2%
Vitamin A 88.6% Vitamin C 65.3%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 73.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot boil 3 cups of water.
2. Add polenta, salt and olive oil.
3. On low heat simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and transfer the polenta into a greased 9 inch pie pan and pat down.
5. Chop the onions and dice the tomatoes keep in separate bowl.
6. Remove the stem from the kale and dice the leaves and stems and keep it in separate bowl.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion and diced kale stems for few minutes then add the tomato, chopped kale, spices and black eyed peas, sauté for a minute.
8. Add the ½ cup of wine, stir and cover with a lid
9. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes.
10. Cut the polenta into 8 pie wedges.
11. Serve the polenta wedges with the Scarborough Black Eyed Peas.