- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Ground cornmeal/1 1/2 cups regular yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 859 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.2%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 978 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g40.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 28.7% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to a temperature of 200 degrees.
2) Put 4 cups of water in a large heavy-gauged saucepan placed over high flame and bring to a boil.
3) Place the serving platter in the preheated oven to warm them.
4) Bring the heat under the saucepan down to medium and add very slowly and gradually, add the cornmeal, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon.
5) Add in the salt, butter and bay leaves and keep stirring till the polenta has thickened and starts to pull away from the pan's sides. This generally takes about 15 minutes.
6) Take out the bay leaves and discard them. Use a rubber spatula to turn out the polenta into the middle of the warm platter.
7) Serve hot.