- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pois Potage De Schickelgruber German Split Pea Soup Recipe
|Yellow split peas/Green split peas||1 Pound|
|Green split peas/Yellow split peas||1 Pound|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 998.1 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.6%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 57.8% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Roughly chop onion, carrot, leek and lettuce.
2) Allow peas to come to a boil after covering it with water.
3) Cook the peas for 5 minutes and then soak for several hours.
4) Drain the peas thoroughly.
5) Melt margarine and cook the chopped vegetables for a minute or two in it.
6) Mix them with peas along with water, salt and sugar.
7) Slowly cook the mixture for about 2 hours.
8) Add in a little water or consomme' if soup is too thick.
9) Serve hot.