- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pad Thai with Tofu Recipe Video
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Shallots||3 Medium, mince|
|Tofu||4 Ounce, strips|
|Rice noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked|
|Warm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 Small, slice|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime slice||1 Small|
|For the sauce|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind sauce/Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dark soy sauce/Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 915 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 1443.7 mg60.2%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needwok
1. Mince the garlic and shallots, slice the green onions, set aside.
2. Cut the tofu into strips, set aside.
3. Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
4. Preheat the wok to 400 degree; pour oil and sauté the garlic and shallots until brown.
5. Add the tofu and stir fry for 2 minutes, move the tofu to one side of the wok and crack the egg, scramble the eggs completely and mix the tofu
6. Add the rice noodles, fish sauce, sugar, tamarind sauce and dark soy sauce, stir everything well.
7. Add the green onions and bean sprouts, stir everything for 1 minute or until the noodles is soft and cooked.
8. Turn off the heat and transfer the noodles in a serving dish, sprinkle roasted peanuts.
9. Serve the pad thai with tofu along with a slice of lime.