- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pocket Breads With Greek Salad and Hot Rosemary Dressing Recipe
|Iceberg lettuce||1⁄2 , roughly chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut into wedges|
|English cucumber||1 , cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Pitted black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce, cut into cubes|
|Pocket breads||4 (Pita)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Superfine sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.2 mg
Sodium 679.3 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 17.4% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large salad bowl, combine and toss together the salad ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In a small heatproof bowl or saucpan, combine the ingredients for the dressing, and whisk with a fork or a whisk until well amalgamated.
3. Place the dressing bowl or pan on a low heat or on the barbecue and warm the dressing.
4. Wrap the pita breads in foil, and heat over hot barbecue for a couple of minutes, turning once to heat both sides.
5. Unwrap the warmed breads split open and fill them with the salad.
6. Spoon the warm dressing generously over the salad.
7. Serve immediately before the salad goes soggy.