- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pochero Recipe Video
|Chicken||500 Gram, cut into pieces|
|Pork||400 Gram, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Canned chickpeas/Chickpea||220 Gram, drained|
|Saba banana/Cardaba||400 Gram, sliced|
|Potato||300 Gram, cubed|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Tomato puree/Store-bought regular pasta sauce||220 Gram|
|Bok choy||200 Gram|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 795 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.7 mg53.2%
Sodium 1814.2 mg75.6%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 52 g104.8%
Vitamin A 64.3% Vitamin C 101.9%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cooking pan heat the oil. Saute garlic and onion until light brown.
2. Put the pork and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the chicken and tomatoes then saute for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Fill a casserole with water. Add the sauteed meat and salt. Let it boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until meat softens.
4. Add the potatoes, banana, chick peas, tomato puree and whole kernel peppercorn. Cook for 8 minutes. Add extra salt or ground pepper as needed.
5. Put the bok choy and simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the pochero with rice or bread of choice.
If using dried chickpeas, then soak it in water overnight before use.