- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached White Fish Provencal Recipe
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Halibut fillets/Firm fish fillets||4 Ounce|
|Wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 55 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg
Sodium 260.4 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a small bowl, to combine soup, wine, lemon juice and clam juice. Mix well and set aside.
2) Take a large nonstick skillet and spray the cooking surface with vegetable cooking spray.
3) Heat up the skillet and place the fish fillets to lightly brown on both sides.
4) Transfer the fish from skillet into a plate.
5) In the same skillet, pour the prepared soup mixture.
6) Add chives, salt, tarragon, pepper and nutmeg to the skillet.
7) Bring the soup to a simmer by setting the heat at medium-low. Stir continuously until the soup gets thick.
8) Return the cooked fish fillet into the sauce.
9) Cover the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the flakes become soft and tender.
10) Sprinkle dried tarragon leaves on top for garnishing.