- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Salmon with Ginger and Chantro Recipe
|Salmon fillets||12 Ounce|
|Fresh ginger piece||1 Inch, grated|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1 Teaspoon, minced (Or Minced)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.4 mg
Sodium 129.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 44.5% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In small heavy-bottomed pan, place the salmon, skin side down.
2) In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of cilantro, ginger, garlic, wine and water.
3) Stream the wine mixture over the salmon.
4) Put the lid on and cook over low heat, cooking according to size of salmon at its thickest point, allowing 8 to 10 minutes per inch.
5) Carefully lift the salmon from the pan and place on the serving plate.
6) Top the salmon with remaining pan juices and remaining cilantro, serve hot.