- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Salmon Recipe
|Water||2 Liter (8 Cups)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Coarse salt||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Parsley sprigs/15 milliliter dried parsley||10|
|Fresh salmon||4 Pound (In One Piece, 1 1/2 - 2 Kilogram)|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.2 mg
Sodium 1042.2 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 61 g121.1%
Vitamin A 78.5% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 5% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wet J-cloth, wrap the salmon and sew up in a neat bundle.
2. In a dish large enough to hold the salmon, place all the ingredients except the salmon.
3. Cover the dish and place in the microwave.
4. Cook for 15 minutes at High, till the water boils.
5. Place the salmon bundle in the dish with the boiling water.
6. With a soup ladle, pour water on top of fish 4 to 5 times.
7. Cover the dish and place it back in the microwave.
8. Cook for 5 minutes per pound at Medium-High.
9. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
10. With two forks, remove fish from the water and set on a plate.
11. To serve hot, unwrap the fish and place on a dish.
12. Serve topped with finely chopped fresh parsley or dill and melted butter to taste — or a sauce of your choice.
13. To serve cold, refrigerate for 6 to 12 hours without unwrapping.
14. Remove the cloth and garnish the fish.
15. Serve with a bowl of cold sauce that you like.