- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Salmon Recipe Video
|Salmon steak||1 (Pacific wild salmon)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|For shrimp sauce|
|Mirepoix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shrimp shells||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Sweet pea sauce|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.2 mg
Sodium 464.3 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.8%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 221.6% Vitamin C 72%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plate, place a salmon steak and season it with salt and pepper on both the sides.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the leeks lengthwise into two halves.
For sweet pea sauce
3. In a blender, put together the peas, butter, salt and pepper and set it aside.
For the shrimp sauce
4. In a pot, heat olive oil and saute the mirepoix until it starts to get light brown in colour.
5. Add in the tomato paste and let it cook until it starts to stick to the bottom of the pot and caramelize.
6. Put in the shrimp shells and stir till the shells starts to caramelize.
7. Deglaze the pot with white wine and let it reduce and pour in water.
8. Simmer and let the water reduce for about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Strain the shell mixture and put it in another pot.
10. Reduce the strained mixture by half, season with salt and pepper and add in the cream.
For the salmon
11. In a terrine mould, place the leeks and add some white wine in there.
12. Pour in some lemon juice.
13. Break a piece of celery and a carrot and put them on the leeks.
14. Pour the cold water over the vegetables in terrine mould.
15. Place the terrine mould on the stove, cover and let it simmer.
16. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the simmering water and add a piece of bay leaf.
17. Place a salmon steak in the mould putting it skin side down.
18. Cover the mould with a lid and let it cook on low heat for few minutes.
For sweet pea sauce
19. Put about ½ cup of cooking liquid from the mould in to the blender jar.
20. Blend the peas mixture until it forms in smooth paste.
21. On a serving plate place a lee halve from the mould and place the salmon on it.
22. Spoon with green pea puree and shrimp sauce and serve hot.