- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Fruit Recipe Video
|Fruit||500 Gram, peeled and cored|
|Sugar syrup||750 Milliliter|
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 133.1 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 0.83 g1.7%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the choice of fruit in to bite sized pieces.
2. In a saucepan, bring the sugar syrup to boil.
3. Add the fruits in the syrup, ensuring that the fruits get covered with syrup.
4. Lower the heat and allow the fruit to simmer for about 3 to 10 minutes, or until the fruits get soft.
5. Remove the fruit, strain the syrup and return the syrup to same saucepan.
6. Heat the syrup until it reduces and gets thick.
7. Place cooked fruit into serving bowl and drizzle syrup on top.
8. Serve Poached Fruit hot.
You can use any firm fruit, apple, pears and peaches are commonly used.