- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Fish In Orange Pineapple Sauce Recipe
|Orange pineapple juice/Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 teaspoon dried tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Halibut steaks/Perch steaks||16 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounces Each)|
|Carrots||2 Large, cut into 2-inch lengths|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.3 mg
Sodium 152 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 128.7% Vitamin C 36.1%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large nonstick skillet, over moderate heat, bring orange-pineapple juice, orange zest, mustard, and tarragon to a boil.
2) Add in fish steaks and poach, covered for about 10 minutes until the fish crumbles easily when tested with a fork.
3) To a large platter, transfer the fish steaks and keep warm by covering with aluminum foil.
4) To the skillet, return the cooking liquid after straining.
5) Stir in carrot strips and simmer for about 3 minutes until carrot strips are tender-crisp.
6) Take a small bowl and mix together 2 tablespoons water with cornstarch until smooth.
7) Thicken the cooking liquid by mixing in the cornstarch mixture and stir cooking for about 2 minutes.
8) Add seasonings and then simmer again for about 1 minute.
9) Pour the sauce over the fish.
10) Serve hot garnished with the kiwi slices or grapes, if wished.