- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Fish In Creole Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||6 , sliced (White And Green Parts)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , sliced|
|Sweet green pepper||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned plum tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Fish stock/Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley/2 tablespoons dried parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firm white fish fillets||24 Ounce (Such As Catfish, Grouper, Haddock, Or Cod, 4 In Number Of 6 Ounce Each)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.7 mg
Sodium 841.4 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 37 g73.6%
Vitamin A 60.9% Vitamin C 146.1%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the scallions, garlic, celery, green pepper, and onion and sauté them for about 5 minutes, until soft and pale.
3. Stir the flour into the vegetable mixture and sauté for about a minute until cooked.
4. Reduce the flame and add together the tomatoes, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cayenne, black pepper, and stock. Stir until well blended.
5. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. Partially cover the pan and allow the sauce to simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir the parsley into the sauce, then ladle out about 1 cup of the sauce into a smaller saucepan and reserve.
8. Make sure the fish fillets are free of bones and then add them to the simmering sauce in a single layer.
9. Pour the reserved sauce over the fillets.
10. Partially cover the pan and simmer the fish for about 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
11. With a large slotted spatula, transfer the fish to a serving dish and spoon the sauce over the fillets.
12. Serve with steamed rice and green beans.