- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Fish Dinner With Mustard Dill Sauce Recipe
|Boiling potatoes||4 Medium, cut in 1/4 inch slices to make 3 cups (Thin Skinned)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch rounds to make 1 cup|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch rounds to make 2 cups|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel strip||1 (1 Inch Size)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 Small|
|Halibut filets/Salmon filets||3⁄4 Pound (1 Inch Thick)|
|Mustard dill sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.2 mg
Sodium 475.2 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 23 g45.4%
Vitamin A 110.5% Vitamin C 101.9%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow potatoes and carrots to be steamed for 15 minutes.
2) Stir in zucchini and again steam for 10 more minutes until required texture is reached.
3) In a broad shallow pan or skillet, allow the poaching ingredients (water, lemon juice, lemon peel, onion, parsley, and bay leaf) to come to a boil.
4) Boil for 5-10 minutes to blend flavor and mix in fish.
5) Cover partially and simmer for 10 minutes until fish crumbles easily with a fork.
6) Using a slotted spatula, take off the fish and drain well.
7) On a serving plate, arrange the fish and place potatoes and vegetables around it.
8) Pour over Mustard-Dill Sauce.
9) Serve hot with any left over sauce on the side.