- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Fillet of Haddock with An Aromatic Crayfish Bisque Recipe
|Corn oil||45 Milliliter|
|Shallots||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Plum tomatoes||8 Large, deseeded|
|Plum tomatoes||8 Large, skinned, deseeded and chopped|
|Fennel bulb||1 , diced|
|Crayfish shells||300 Gram, crushed|
|White wine||100 Milliliter|
|Extra virgin olive oil||20 Milliliter|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , freshly juiced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 682 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330.9 mg
Sodium 522.1 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 56 g111.4%
Vitamin A 39.7% Vitamin C 87.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pan, add 1 tbsp corn oil, heat well, add shallots and fry 5 min. Add a little salt and fry to turn translucent.
2. In another pan heat 1 tbsp corn oil, fry onions for 5 min, add salt and fry to translucent.
3. Add tomatoes to shallots, salt to taste. Add star anise and fennel to onions and salt to taste.
4. Cover both and on medium heat cook for 25 to 30 min to soften well. Mix fennel mixture to tomatoes, stir well and keep aside.
5. Take a large non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp corn oil and heat to smoking. Stir in crayfish shells.
6. Mix in saffron and white wine and add to cooked shells. Mix in cooked shells to fennel-tomato sauce, add olive oil and blend instantly.
7. Using a fine sieve, strain into a clean pan. Season with Salt, lemon juice, pernod and cayenne.
8. Fill 3/4th of a medium size pan with water, heat well, add lemon juice, tarragon and salt to taste.
9. Heat to allow mixture to register 80 C.
10. Check for the flavor. If not satisfied, season to taste. Season haddock fillets on either sides and poach for 4 to 5 min.
11. Arrange the crayfish tail in bisque and heat gently. Transfer equally to 4 warmed soup bowls. Add bisque to a bowl and arrange the 5 tails in a neat way around the fish. Squeeze lemon juice over fish and serve.