- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Eggs In Red Wine Recipe
|Red burgundy wine||1 Pint|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Thyme leaves/1 bay leaf||1 Pinch|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 1938.4 mg80.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 112% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, tip in the wine and add the onion, carrot, seasonings and herbs.
2. Place the pan on a medium low flame and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the liquid, concentrating the flavors but simmering for 10 minutes.
4. Stain to remove the vegetables and herbs.
5. Return the reduced wine to a clean saucepan and bring to a boil again.
6. Carefully poach the eggs, in the wine.
7. Once the eggs are poached, remove them onto individual serving plates.
8. Reduce the sauce to thicken or add a little cornflour dissolved in water and cook stirring until thickened.
9. Spoon a little of the sauce the poached egg
10. Serve immediately.