- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poached Eggs Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 74 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 71.2 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.43 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remember to take the eggs out of the fridge 20 minutes before you want to cook them.
2. Fill a saucepan with 8 to 10 cm of water and add a tablespoon of white wine vinegar and bring to the boil.
3. Turn down the heat to a gentle boil.
4. Break an egg into a tea cup, removing any pieces of broken shell.
5. Take a small whisk and swirl it round in the boiling water to create a whirlpool effect.
6. Remove the whisk and carefully add the egg to the centre of the whirlpool.
7. Allow the poached egg to cook gently for approx. 3 minutes until the white has set.
8. Using a slotted spoon, remove the poached egg from the saucepan and drain away any excess water.
9. Serve the poached egg immediately, normally on hot buttered toast, although poached eggs go very well with a piece of smoked haddock or on top of a round of Welsh rarebit.