- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plymouth Cranberry Cake Recipe
|Whole cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White cake mix||8 Ounce (1-Layer-Size Package)|
|For butter sauce|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2342 Calories from Fat 694
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.8%
Saturated Fat 49.6 g247.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.5 mg
Sodium 1683.6 mg70.1%
Total Carbohydrates 407 g135.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 254.9 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 23.6% Iron 0.33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a buttered 8 1/4x1 3/4-inch round ovenwater cake dish, break up the cranberry sauce. Spread evenly.
3) With 2 tablespoons of butter, dot the sauce.
4) As per the directions on the package, make the cake mix.
5) Pour the prepared cake mix all over the cranberries.
6) Bake the preparation in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
7) In the meawhile, make the Butter Sauce. Cream the 1/4 cup of butter and add the confectioners' sugar very gradaully, creaming till the mxiture is fluffy.
8) Combine together the cold water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook and stir till the mixture is thick and bubbly.
9) Stir the hot mixture into the fluffy butter mixture. Add the vinegar and vanilla.
10) Invert the baked cake onto a plate and serve while it is still warm, with the Butter Sauce on the side.