- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum/Pineapple Conserve Recipe
|Wild plums||5 Cup (80 tbs), pitted|
|Orange peel||1 , grated|
|Powdered ascorbic acid||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed pineapple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), drained|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Shredded almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4905 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 100.6 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1218 g406%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.8%
Sugars 1140.4 g
Protein 18 g35.9%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 253.9%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a kettle add plums, orange peel, ascorbic acid and pineapple, heat to boiling and add pectin, stirring constantly.
2. Add sugar, bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
3. Take it off heat, skim and stir in the almonds.
4. Pour into sterilized hot jars to within 1/8" of jar top. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
5. In a pan with boiling water, bathe the jar for 5 minutes.
6. Use as condiments or store in sterilized jelly jars covered with paraffin.