- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum Soy Recipe
|Purple plums||5 Pint, halved, pitted, and unpeeled (Dark Purple Variety)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled), mixed with salt|
|Salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Leveled), mixed with ground cloves|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5920 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1969.7 mg82.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1509 g503.1%
Dietary Fiber 50.5 g202%
Sugars 1437.5 g
Protein 20 g40.5%
Vitamin A 169.5% Vitamin C 402.7%
Calcium 50.5% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place the plums with water to cover.
2) Cover and cook plums slowly for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Pout off the juice, and mix the pulp with remaining ingredients.
4) Allow to cook slowly 1 hour until consistency of applesauce.
5) Transfer the Plum Soy in sterilized jars and allow to cool.
6) Serve as desired in small ramekin bowls.