- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum Jam Recipe
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1964 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 505 g168.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.4%
Sugars 498.2 g
Protein 3 g6.4%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 71.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start by cutting the plums in halves, if you want whole fruit jam.
2. In a pan, place the fruit, and simmer it, then add sugar to the pan, keep stirring until the mixture dissolves
3. Finally boil quickly and continually until the mixture sets.
4. In a bowl, transfer the plum jam, and sprinkle sugar over the jam, leave it overnight
5. Serve with muffins, bagels, scones, or toast. You can use it as a filling in pies, or eat it with pancakes.
If the fruit is ripe, then don't use water, but if the fruit is under-ripe then add 2 tablespoons of water wile boiling