- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum Croute Recipe
|White bread slice||1 Large, cut off crust|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce, melted (15 g)|
|Red plums||2 , halved and stoned|
|Demerara sugar||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1.25 ml)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 197.3 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Apply butter or margarine on both sides of the bread using a pastry brush, making sure the bread is coated right to the edges.
3) In an individual Yorkshire pudding tin, place the bread pressing down well, but leaving the 4 corners protruding over the edge.
4) Bake the croute in the oven for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
5) In a pan, sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon and place the plums.
6) Dredge in 1-2 teaspoon water, and simmer for about 5 minutes until the plums are tender, juicy and firm.
8) Place the croute in a serving plate and fill the plums in the centre and serve immediately.