- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum Catsup Recipe
|Fresh purple plums/32 canned plums, halved and pitted, with liquid||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved, and pitted|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1198 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.64 g0.99%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1031.2 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 294 g98.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.8%
Sugars 276.6 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a sauce pan, add onions and plums. Cover with water, place on medium heat and bring the mixture to boil.
2. Lower the heat to minimum and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes for plums to turn tender.
3. Drain and pass through a blender or food processor with steel blade to prepare puree.
4. Take a clean pan, pour in the plum puree, add salt, vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and mustard to the mixture and allow the mixture to come to boil on medium heat.
5. Lower the heat to minimum and without covering, allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Transfer to a bottle after the mixture is well cooled. Place in the refrigerator till served.
7. Use as required.
1. If canned plums are being used, then the juice can be used instead of water to cook the onions and plums.
2. If canned plums are being used, then in step 2, simmer for just 10 minutes.