- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum Butter Recipe
|Pitted wild plums||3 3⁄4 Quart|
|Sugar||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3760 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 0.6 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 955 g318.3%
Dietary Fiber 49.7 g198.7%
Sugars 901.4 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 244.8% Vitamin C 561.6%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a kettle put the plums and 2 cups of water and boil until skin is tender, strain through jelly bag and measure 3 1/3 cups.
2. In a kettle add the juice with sugar and boil stirring constantly.
3. Take it off from heat and skim off foam.
4. Pour into sterilized hot jars to within 1/8" of jar top. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
5. In a pan with boiling water, bathe the jar for 5 minutes.
6. Use as condiments or store in sterilized jelly jars covered with paraffin.