- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum and Orange Jelly Recipe
|Red plums||5 Pound|
|Oranges||6 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1611 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 405 g134.9%
Dietary Fiber 63.3 g253.1%
Sugars 335.7 g
Protein 25 g49.9%
Vitamin A 210.8% Vitamin C 1333.5%
Calcium 68.8% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash plums to clean.
2. In a large kettle, place plums and add enough water to cover.
3. Stir in oranges and lemon; cook until the skin and pit of plum is separated from pulp.
4. Into a jelly bag, pour the mixture and extract juice; measure juice in cups.
5. Return juice to the kettle and stir in 3 ½ cup sugar for every 4 cups of juice; quickly boil to jellying state.
6. Remove kettle from heat; quickly skim foam from top.
7. Into hot sterilized jars, pour jelly leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Alternately, hot mixture can be poured into sterilized jelly glasses leaving ½ inch on top.
13. Immediately pour melted paraffin to cover 1/8 inch of bottle.
14. Use Plum and Orange Jelly for topping cheese cakes or any other dessert of your choice.