- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plum and Banana Compote Recipe
|Fresh plums||1 Pound|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 , cut into strips|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 848 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.8%
Sugars 149 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 108.2%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the plums in water and remove the pits after cutting them into halves.
2) Take a heavy-based saucepan and stir in water, sugar, strips of lemon rind and cinnamon stick in it and heat in a low flame until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
3) Without stirring bring to boil slowly and boil for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the plums carefully to the hot syrup.
5) The syrup should bubble over the plums.
6) Minimize the heat and cook further till the plums are soft on piercing.
7) The cooking time would be dependent on the variety and size of the plums.
8) Take a serving bowl and transfer the plums to it using a slotted spoon.
9) Remove the cinnamon stick and lemon rind.
10) To the syrup add the red wine and allow the mixture to thicken and reduce by half by boiling rapidly.
11) Take off from the heat and allow cooling for a few minutes and spoon over the plums to it.
12) Keep aside to cool.
13) Peel and slice the bananas immediately before serving.
14) Add this into the plums gently and serve immediately.