- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plentiful Fruit Platter Recipe
|Romaine head||1 Small|
|Honeydew melon||1 Small|
|Seedless oranges||2 Small|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Red grapes||1⁄2 Pound|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mint cream dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 0.95 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg0.2%
Sodium 97.9 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 46.6 g
Protein 6 g11%
Vitamin A 231.4% Vitamin C 274.6%
Calcium 9% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash and clean romaine leaves and dry well.
2) Halve honeydew melon, dig out seeds and cut into balls with a melonball cutter or the 1/2 teaspoon of a measuring-spoon set.
3) Quarter cantaloupe dig out seeds and slice.
4) Wash strawberries, hull, and halve.
5) Peel oranges and cut into thick slices.
6) Halve avocados and pit. Brush the cut surfaces with lemon juice.
7) Arrange a large deep platter or shallow bowl with romaine leaves reserving few for later use.
8) Stand avocado halves facing the romaine.
9) Keep the dressing bowl next to avocados to hold them in place.
10) Keep cantaloupe quarters, spoke-fashion, around front of bowl.
11) Fill sections in-between with strawberries and honeydew balls.
12) Insert red grapes into avocado hollows, orange slices behind avocados, and green grapes at sides.
13) Spoon Mint-Cream Dressing into bowl and garnish with saved small romaine leaves.
14) Pass the fruits with dressing.