- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plantains Stuffed with Cheese and Wrapped in Bacon Recipe Video
|Plantain||4 Large (ripe)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Monterey jack cheese||4|
|Bacon slices||8 Large|
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.6 mg8.2%
Sodium 125 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
2. Peel the plantains and keep aside.
3. In a baking tray, lay the plantains and using a brush, smear some molten butter over them.
4. Bake the plantains in a pre heated oven at 350 F for 30-45 mins.
5. Take the plantains out and slit them, lengthwise, to create a cavity for stuffing the cheese.
6. Stuff the Monterrey jacks into the plantains.
7. Wrap the bacon around the plantains. Secure using toothpicks.
8. In the same baking tray, lay the plantains and bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese melts and the bacon gets cooked. Let the plantains sit on the counter for another 10 mins to cool down.
9. Slice the plantains into 3 inch thick slices.
10. Serve the sliced plantains, along with a sweet chilli dip as an entrée or starter.