- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plank Road Georgia Pork Loin Recipe Video
|Pork loin||2 Pound|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm), peeled|
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pink salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|White onion||1 Large, slice|
|Vadalia peach salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 145.1 mg48.4%
Sodium 238.2 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 50 g99.7%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make small scores on pork loin, and insert garlic in it.
2. Drizzle coconut oil and spread it evenly on both side of pork.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Rub to coat evenly.
4. Preheat smoker to 350 degree F. Place a plank on it.
5. Place onion slice and pork on plank. Cover it with lid a cook for about an hour.
6. Open the lid, rotate the plank, and check with thermometer if the pork is done. Put the lid back, and cook to desired doneness.
7. Remove meat from smoker and place it fat side up on foil.
8. Put salsa all over the pork. Wrap it very tight, and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
9. Cut into slices, and serve pork hot with corn on the cob, and a glass of wine.