- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Dried white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped dill/A pinch of dried dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1146 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2105.7 mg87.7%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 36.1 g144.5%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 51 g101.3%
Vitamin A 284.8% Vitamin C 121.1%
Calcium 64.2% Iron 139.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large kettle, soak the beans in the salted water overnight. Alternately allow the beans to boil for 2 minutes, then soak for further one hour.
2) Allow to boil, then simmer covered over a low heat for about 1 1/4 hours.
3) Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the carrot and celery in the oil, until golden brown in colour.
4) Stir in the garlic, parsley and dill, cook until the garlic is light yellow, then pour the mixture into the beans.
5) Simmer for further 15 minutes until the beans are tender. Then adjust the seasoning
6) Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve.