- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plaki Greek Fish with Vegetables Recipe
|Whole fish||3 Pound|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), snipped|
|Fresh dill/1 tablespoon of dried dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh spinach||1 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 312.7 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 39 g78.2%
Vitamin A 214.2% Vitamin C 66.4%
Calcium 65.4% Iron 76.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. About 1 hour before serving, heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until soft, then add garlic, tomatoes, parsley, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
3. With salt and lemon juice sprinkle over the fish lightly.
4. In a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish arrange the tomato mixture, lay the fish on top and arrange the spinach around it.
5. Pour wine all over the fish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue baking 15 minutes longer.
7. Serve hot with the desired garnish.