- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plain Set Dosa Recipe
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Urad dal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 104.4 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedCast iron skillet or cast iron tava
1. In separate bowls soak washed rice and urad dal with fenugreek seeds for around 5-6 hours.
2. Blend them to a fine paste and transfer into a larger vessel. Add salt to taste and mix well till combined. Cover and let it rise in a warm place overnight (it will ferment and double in size).
3. Stir the batter once again to remove the air bubbles and taste. Add more salt if required.
4. On medium heat, heat the tava and grease with oil. Pour a ladle full of the fermented batter and spread it a little to form thick circles of 5 or 6 inches diameter. Drizzle few more drops of oil over the dosa and let it cook for 2 minutes or till the bottom side is done.
5. Flip it and drizzle oil around the dosa to cook the edges. Transfer onto a plate. Repeat this with all the batter or as many as required.
6. In a serving plate, serve the set dosa with coconut chutney of choice.
Do not let the dosa turn crisp like the normal paper dosa, it should remain soft.