- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plain Scones Biscuits Recipe
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 g)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (Approx 150 ml)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1284 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.1%
Saturated Fat 31.7 g158.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.9 mg
Sodium 4298.4 mg179.1%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 27 g53.6%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 128.5% Iron 62.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (230°C/450°F or Gas Mark 8).
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt, then rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
4) Make a well in the centre and add the enough milk to make a smooth soft dough.
5) On a floured surface, turn the dough knead until smooth, then roll out to 2 cm/3/4 inch thickness.
6) With a 5 cm/2 inch cutter, cut out 10 to 12 rounds, place on a greased baking sheet and brush with a little milk.
7) Bake in the preheated hot oven for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
8) Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack and leave to cool.
9) In a freezer bag, pack the biscuits in a single layer, seal, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the biscuits by removing wrappings and place the frozen scones (biscuits) on a baking sheet.
11) Before serving, reheat them in a preheated moderately hot oven (200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6) for 10 minutes.