- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plain Pie Pastry Or Short Crust Pastry Recipe
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chilled butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lard/Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chilled|
|Ice water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Mixing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2064 Calories from Fat 1172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g202.5%
Saturated Fat 65.7 g328.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.2 mg
Sodium 1953.6 mg81.4%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.9% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in shortening until mixture is like cookie crumbs.
3. Sprinkle with ice water, tossing dry mixture with a fork, until about three quarters of the water has been used.
4. Quickly pat pastry into a ball, then add enough extra water to dampen remaining loose pastry and make it cohere.
5. Press dough into two portions, one slightly larger than the other.
6. Wrap in wax paper and chill for at least 15 minutes before rolling. Use for unbaked or baked pie shell, or for 6 small tarts.