- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Plain Omelette Recipe Video
|Fresh eggs||3 Large|
|Butter||10 Gram, unsalted|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt/Pepper||1 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 655.9 mg
Sodium 1747.2 mg72.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 19 g37.9%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.2% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break the eggs into a tea cup, remove any unwanted shell and transfer into a larger bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper and beat the eggs together using a fork or whisk.
3. Over quite a high heat, heat the omelette pan and add the butter and oil (the oil should stop the butter from burning).
4. When the butter begins to bubble well, pour in the beaten egg mixture.
5. Cook the egg mixture quickly, keeping the pan moving with one hand and stirring with a fork or spatula with the other, not allowing the mixture to settle.
6. Do not overcook the omelette. It is done when it is still a little runny on top (‘baveuse’).
7. Remove the plain omelette from the heat.
8. Using the fork or spatula, fold the omelette, carefully turn out onto a warm plate and serve immediately.