- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pla Preeo Wan Recipe
|Flounder fillets||2 Pound, cut into 4 pieces total|
|Ripe pineapple||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced into 1/4 inch (Fresh)|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced into 1/4 inch, seeded, peeled|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||4 Large, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice to make 2 cups|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced into 1/4 inch|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 581.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 74%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard any tiny bones from the flounder.
2) On a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil, place the flounder fillets.
3) Preheat the broiler.
4) In a heavy saucepan, add the pineapple, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and pineapple juice together. Simmer over a medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Lower the heat, stir in the garlic and ginger, sprinkle with the salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6) In a small bowl, pour 1/4 cup of liquid from the saucepan, stir in the cornstarch and mix until smooth.
7) Return the cornstarch mixture back into the simmering mixture, stir and cook for about 2 minutes, until slightly thickened, keep aside.
8) Brush the fish fillets with the olive oil, drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with the salt.
9) Place the pan 4 inches from the heat source and broil for 4 to 5 minutes until the fish is opaque and flakes easily.
10) Halve each piece of fish crosswise, place a piece in the bottom of each of 8 shallow bowls.
11) Heat the fruit sauce for over medium heat for 1 minute and stir in the cilantro.
12) Spoon the sauce evenly over the fish and serve immediately.