- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pla Meuk Kratiem Prikthai - Stir Fry Squid with Garlic Recipe
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1 , cut into pieces|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.1 mg
Sodium 153.3 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a knife, cut the tiny squid into rings and the larger one into strips. Do not throw away the tentacles, add them to the recipe.
2. Crush the garlic, pound the coriander stems.
3. Heat a wok, add oil. When hot, quickly fry the garlic and pounded coriander stalks to bring out the flavor. Keep the leaves for garnish.
4. Slightly increase the heat and and add the squid. Stir fry quickly for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not over cook these little suckers because, you don't want them to be rubbery.
5. Add the pepper and oyster sauce and finally the onions. Stir for 1 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Serve hot. You can serve it steamed rice or noodles.
If you would like it as a curry, just add a little water. You can add a bit of corn flour to thicken the gravy. Add seasoning accordingly. These are my tips, a variation of the original recipe.