- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mushrooms||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||2 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Jar)|
|English muffins||4 , split and toasted|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.4 mg
Sodium 766.2 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small (1/2-quart) microwaveable casserole or cooking dish, combine onion and oil.
2. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes, or until onion is limp and transparent.
3. Stir in the beef and continue to cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until it has lost its pinkish color, stirring once halfway through cooking.
4. Drain the fat.
5. Stir in the sauce, mushrooms, herbs and seasonings.
6. Cook the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes, until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
7. Divide the beef mixture equally among the 4 bun halves.
8. Top each with cheese.
9. Cover with top part of muffin
10. Place muffins on a plastic rack or on paper towels in the microwave.
11. Cook for about 2 minutes, until cheese is melts.
12. Serve the muffins sandwiches hot.