- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Puffs Recipe
|Frozen puff pastry||17 1⁄4 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh marjoram||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||6 Small, skinned and chopped|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Anchovy fillets||8 , drained|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.5%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.3 mg
Sodium 529.8 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Even out the pastry on a lightly floured surface very thinly and make eight 6-inch circles having the size of a small plate or saucer.
2) Apply olive oil at the center of each circle and sprinkle with marjoram.
3) Put a little tomato, cheese and an anchovy fillet in the center of each.
4) Add pepper to season.
5) Use water to brush the sides of the pastry circles and press together well after folding.
6) Seal fully by rolling the edges once again.
7) Transfer this on a plate and wrap and allow refrigeration for about 15 minutes.
8) Into a deep fryer with basket, pour enough oil so that it comes up halfway to the sides of the basket.
9) Maintain the temperature of the oil to 375° (This is the temperature at which a stale bread cube is browned in just 50 seconds).
10) Put 2 or 3 puffs into the oil and heat for about 5 minutes, tossing once till it becomes golden brown and crunchy on both sides.
11) Remove from the heat and use paper towels to drain on the excess oil while cooking the remaining puffs.
12) Allow to cool for 5 minutes and season lightly with salt.
13) Serve immediately.