- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Pastalaya in Rice Cooker Recipe Video
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Bell pepper||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Beef broth||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Pizza sauce||1 Bottle (1 l) (approx. 1 jar)|
|Spaghetti sauce||1 Bottle (1 l) (approx. 1 jar)|
|Pepperoni slices||4 Ounce|
|Elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shreddded (for garnishing)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.1%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.8 mg
Sodium 1216.6 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 33 g67%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet on medium high, stir fry the ground beef for 7-8 minutes or until cooked. Season it with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, add in the elbow pasta, water, oil. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In the rice cooker, add the seasoned ground beef, onion, bell pepper, garlic, beef broth, pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, pepperoni slices, elbow macaroni and mix everything well.
4. Cover the contents with a lid and start the rice cooker. Cook the pasta jambalaya for 21-25 minutes or as per the rice cooker instruction manual.
5. Once done, let the pizza pastalaya sit in the cooker for 5 minutes and serve.
6. Serve the pizza pastalaya in a bowl and garnish it with shredded mozzarella cheese.