- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Neapolitan Recipe
|Plain flour||500 Gram|
|Dry yeast/25 gram fresh yeast||4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (if using dry yeast)|
|Lukewarm water||18 Tablespoon (1 cup plus 2 tablespoon)|
|Ripe tomatoes||6 Large, blanched and deseeded|
|Cheese||225 Gram, diced|
|Canned anchovy fillets||8 , chopped|
|Finely chopped marjoram/Oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Cheese sauce||6 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4165 Calories from Fat 1759
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g304.9%
Saturated Fat 64.5 g322.4%
Trans Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 299.8 mg
Sodium 9221.9 mg384.2%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g159.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.9%
Sugars 44.1 g
Protein 120 g240.7%
Vitamin A 251.2% Vitamin C 244%
Calcium 241.1% Iron 134.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, fill with yeast mixture. Knead vigorously, adding a little water if necessary until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Roll into a ball, rub oil and put in a large oiled bowl. Cover with a piece of damp kitchen towel. Leave it to rise in a warm place for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size. Unmould and knead again.
4. Divide the dough into 2 parts (if you are making large pizzas or into 4-6 if you are making small pizzas) make round balls.
5. Roll out each ball on a floured board into 1 1" circles or 5" in diameter for each small pizza. The edges of the pizza should be slightly thicker than the centre but not more than 1/4" in thickness. Brush with oil. You may use pizza ring to shape them.
6. Press a little the centre of the pizza with your fingers. Arrange tomato slices put 1-2 spoons of cheese sauce on top. Spread cheese cubes, anchovy fillets, oregano or marjoram and pepper. Cover with remaining cheese. Decorate with black olives.
7. Bake in a preheated hot oven 240Â°C-475Â°F-gas mark-9. Bake large pizza for 25-30 minutes and small pizzas for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.