- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Pizza Recipe Video
|Pizza crust||1 Large (Boboli Brand)|
|Pasta sauce||26 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce (Use 1/2 Of A Log Of 4 Ounce)|
|Mozzarella cheese/4 mozzarella sticks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cooked italian sausage||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Diced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomato puree||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||12 Ounce (2 Cans, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Red wine||4 Ounce (Or Half A Cup)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||8|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Use As Required)|
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.9 mg
Sodium 657.1 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 39.5% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For the pasta sauce:
1. Heat a two-gallon container pot over medium flame. Pour a little extra virgin olive oil.
2. Add onions and garlic and cook it until it browns but do not burn.
3. Add tomato puree and 3 ½ cups of water. You can even use the tomato puree can to fill can with water twice and add it to the mixture as that equals 1 ½ cups. Stir well.
4. Add basil, oregano, sugar, a pinch of salt and red wine. Stir well.
5. Let the sauce simmer on a low flame for approximately two hours.
6. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
7. Place pizza crust on pizza pan or cookie sheet.
8. Pour and spread a generous amount of pasta sauce over the pizza crust evenly.
9. Add pieces of sausage and mozzarella cheese over the pizza.
10. Layer with dollops of goat cheese over the pizza.
11. Sprinkle basil leaves over it.
12. Now you can add onions over pizza (optional).
13. Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes at 450 degrees F.
14. Serve pizza with a sauce of your choice.