- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Fondue Recipe
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Pizza sauce with cheese||24 Ounce (Three 8 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Oregano leaf||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Sharp process cheese spread||10 Ounce, pasteurized (Two 5 Ounce Each Jars)|
|French bread/Chips||1 , cubed (Or As Required)|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.3 mg
Sodium 953.3 mg39.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 32 g63.6%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 42.2% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart casserole, cook the onion and beef in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking apart until the beef changes colour. Drain off the fat.
2) Blend the sauce, cornstarch, oregano and garlic powder together, then stir into the beef mixture.
3) Cook in the microwave for 10 to 13 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
4) Gradually stir in the cheeses and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
5) Serve immediately with French bread cubes or chips.