- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Crust With Yeast Recipe
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Compressed yeast||1 Ounce|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||13 Ounce (3 1/4 Cups)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 489.5 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a large bowl, measure the water and crumble the yeast into it. Stir till smooth.
2) Add the olive oil and stir well.
3) Over the yeast mixture, sift the salt, pepper and flour.
4) Use a wooden spoon to blend properly.
5) Onto a lightly floured surface, turn the mixture and gently knead till it is smooth and elastic.
6) In a large greased bowl, put the dough and turn it so that it is greased all over.
7) Use a clean towel to cover the bowl and leave in a warm place for about 120 minutes so that the dough can rise to double its original volume.
8) Turn out once again on a lightly floured board and knead about 5 times.
9) Divide the dough into two parts.
10) Roll out each part into a circle which is 12-inches in diameter and about ¼-inch thick.
11) Grease the pizza pans and press out the dough circle to the edges. Ensure that there is no cutting. If individual pizzas are to be baked, divide the dough into 6 parts and roll out the dough to ¼-inch thickness. Press into the 6 rounds and arrange over greased baking trays.
12) Add the filling to the crust and bake for about 15 minutes.
13) Serve hot.