- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Casserole (Kid Approved) Recipe Video
|Dry spiral pasta||3 Cup (48 tbs), uncooked|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (Use more if required)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1⁄3 Medium, dice|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, mince|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Turkey sausage/Peperoni||1 Medium|
|Pizza sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (I used half pizza sauce and half tomato cheese margahetta pasta sauce)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (I used white cheddar and pizza cheese blend))|
Calories 695 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.6%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 105.4 mg35.1%
Sodium 1056 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 36 g73%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 39.2% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot pour water to fill half. Add the pasta and salt.
2. Bring it to boil on medium heat and cook for another 10 minutes or till al dente.
3. Drain in a colander and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Transfer the pasta into a bowl and season with Italian seasoning.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, mix well and set aside.
7. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add the onions, peppers and garlic.
8. Saute till onions are translucent.
9. Add this to the seasoned pasta. Mix well.
10. In the pan put the meat and brown it. Drain if too much liquid is rendered.
11. Put the pasta mixture into the pan and mix well till all combined.
12. Pour the pizza sauce and pasta sauce (if using). Mix well till all ingredients are coated (at this stage taste and adjust the seasonings if required).
13. In a casserole dish, pour the whole mixture. Sprinkle with the cheeses generously.
14. Bake for around 15 minutes or till the cheese melts.
15. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top before serving.
16. In a serving plate, serve this casserole as a main dish with a side dish of your choice.
You can add in any other favorite pizza toppings like black olives, mushroom etc.