- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pizza Bulgur Recipe
|Cooked bulgur||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Thick Sauce)|
|Grated hard cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, or shredded|
|Red peppers||1 1⁄2 , sliced into rings|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1780 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.7%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g154%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.5 mg
Sodium 2784.1 mg116%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.4%
Dietary Fiber 30.2 g120.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 100 g200.2%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 118.7%
Calcium 208.1% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Grease a large baking dish or casserole with oil or butter.
3. In the greased baking dish, using a wooden spoon, spread a layer of the half the bulgur wheat to cover the bottom of the dish.
4. Over the bulgur, spread ½ the sauce.
5. Top the sauce with 1/3rd the cheese.
6. Repeat layering with remaining bulgur, sauce and 1/3rd cheese.
7. Top the cheese with rings of green pepper.
8. Scatter the remaining cheese and sprinkle the poppy seeds.
9. Place the baking dish on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for an hour until heated through and cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
10. Serve piping hot, straight from the oven.