- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Pizza Recipe Video
|Flour tortillas/Pizza crust||4 Medium (Corn tortillas)|
|Assorted vegetables||100 Gram (Onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, olives, jalapeno and corn used)|
|Mexican cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Yellow and white American cheese may be used as an alternative)|
|Refried beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salsa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Taco seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Cooking spray||2 Tablespoon (Butter spray is used)|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg
Sodium 1707 mg71.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl take the re-fried beans and season it with the taco seasoning. Mix well.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Take 2 flour tortillas and lay them on a oven toaster tray or baking tray. Spray them with butter spray.
4. Spread the re-fried beans on one of the tortillas and cover it from the top with the other tortilla (butter side up). Toast in the oven till one side is golden brown in color.
5. Remove form the oven, flip sides and toast again.
6. When both sides are done, take the tortillas out and spread about 2 tablespoons of salsa on the top.
7. Add the chopped vegetables of your choice on top followed by the shredded cheese.
8. Put the pizza back into the oven and bake till the cheese melts.
9. Serve the pizza with a beverage of your choice.
You can omit spraying the insides of the tortillas with butter spray. Spray the outside of the tortillas so that they brown well when toasted in the oven.
The vegetables used for the topping can either be used raw or can be sauteed in a little bit of oil and then added as a topping for the pizza.