- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pita Bread Recipe Video
|Active dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 487.7 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add remaining water to the bowl. To the water, add the extra virgin olive oil and salt to mix. Then pour the bread flour into the water. Stir with spatula and prepare a fine and smooth batter.
3. Add the all purpose flour to the batter and stir with spatula to make a soft and sticky dough. Knead this dough properly over the floured board for 5-7 minutes and finally get the non-sticky dough.
4. In a medium bowl pour some oil and put the dough into this oil to coat all the sides. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to raise for 1.5 hours.
5. When the dough rises to its double size, remove the plastic wrap and transfer the dough over the floured surface to make a long roll. Cut this roll into 12 equal pieces.
6. Take each of these pieces to make balls and leave them inside the bowl for another 10 minutes. In the mean time, flour 3 cookie sheets.
7. Roll the balls over the floured board to make 1/4 inch thick. Put these pitas over the cookie sheets and bake them for 30 minutes. Wait until the breads are fully blown up like balloons.
For more information please visit: http://www.idontcallmemartha.blogspot.com