- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Of Instant Pita Chips & Spreads or Other Dips Recipe Video
|Pita bread||2 (cut into triangles)|
|For hummus dip|
|Canned garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (drained the water and save 2/3)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs), chopped finely|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 446.2 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degree F.
2. Slice the pita bread into triangles.
3. Place them in a tray and bake in the oven until crunchy and light brown.
4. Serve the Pita Chips with hummus dip.
FOR HUMMUS DIP
1. In a blender, put garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, lime juice, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
2. Blend everything to a smooth paste. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
3. Serve the Hummus Dip with pita chips and enjoy!