- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Making Of Instant Pita Chips & Spreads or Other Dips Recipe Video
|Pita bread||2 (cut into triangles)|
|For hummus dip|
|Canned garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (drained the water and save 2/3)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs), chopped finely|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 441.9 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degree F.
2. Slice the pita bread into triangles.
3. Place them in a tray and bake in the oven until crunchy and light brown.
4. Serve the Pita Chips with hummus dip.
FOR HUMMUS DIP
1. In a blender, put garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, lime juice, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
2. Blend everything to a smooth paste. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
3. Serve the Hummus Dip with pita chips and enjoy!